Be careful handling computer racks

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 12:57:16 CST 2010

> lucky, he only lost one arm. It is better to see a nice piece of
> equipment smashed than be smashed under it which is something I always
> try to remember.

I am not at all convincced about that. People have a wonderful
self-repair system, classic computers tend not to. I'd rather suffer a
major injory than loose an irreplaceable classic computer...

And I always remember there are many more good hardware hackers (with
more being created all the time) than there are of some of the machines
we work on (with no more ever going to be produced).