PDP-8/L value

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 17 20:36:35 CST 2010

On Jan 17, 2010, at 9:09 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:
> I try to not make my OS choice(s) into a religion.

   Labeling this as a religious argument is as rudely dismissive as
it is incorrect.  It's not a religious argument...it's a usability
and stability argument, and it's quite valid.

   Again, present company excluded...I've seen your work, and in my
opinion, you seriously know what you're doing.  If the other Windows
developers had even half of your level of clue, it wouldn't need to
be reinstalled every time you turn around, viruses wouldn't exist,
and it wouldn't be so damn slow...which are three problems a long
list of other OSs, some UNIX and some not, simply don't have.

   Please forgive me for jumping up and down about it, but this week
I'm squarely in the middle of a fairly large "pleaaaaase rescue me
from Windows hell" migration and it is giving me one heck of a
headache.  If I bill the poor guy for all the time it's taking
(thanks to proprietary crap and other shameless lock-in attempts) I'd
put a really nice chain of stores out of business, so I'm ending up
eating most of the hours myself.

   *grumble*

           -Dave

--