Licensing FAT file system?

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Wed Jan 20 15:47:34 CST 2010

 > Is this really true?  There's so much (public domain) prior art to the
 > FAT filesystem that I find it hard to believe that it would be
 > patentable.

Yes, it's true, they are trying to enforce "rights" after years of not
enforcing anything.  They appear to have gone to great lengths to
fabricate some technical claims they hope will generate enough argument
to get companies to pay up rather than fight.

This presumably explains some of their recent filesystem activity --
what's the new one called?  Can't find the thing where I first saw it
now.

De