Atari/Commodore hybrid, was Re: General religious wars (was Re: Editor religious wars)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jan 30 17:04:25 CST 2010

On 30 Jan 2010 at 17:51, Curt @ Atari Museum wrote:

> What was truly the ST's major flaw was its display, while obviously a
> huge improvement for its time of 85', once the Amiga and Apple Mac II
> computers hit the scene with far higher resolutions and deeper
> on-screen at the same time color palletes, the ST's really began to
> lag.

Honestly, what did in the ST for me was the terrible, terrible
keyboard.  I tried everything, including aftermarket bootster springs
to make it halfway usable.

Yes, later (and rarer) "business" versions of the system (e.g. the
TT) finally used a decent keyboard, but by then, it was too late for
me.  By comparison, the keyboard on the lowly Atari 800 was pure
luxury.

--Chuck