Atari/Commodore hybrid, was Re: General religious wars (was Re:Editor religious wars)

Curt @ Atari Museum curt at atarimuseum.com
Sat Jan 30 17:21:27 CST 2010

I remember I was working for Entre Computer Centers as an on-site full
time computer support engineer at Colgate Palmolive on Park Ave, across
from the Waldof Astoria hotel.... we got in I think 3 of the first  Mac
II's in New York.... there was only 1 huge problem with them, the only
monitors that could be used on them were these new versions of Sony
monitors, and they weren't fully available yet and it took like 7-10
days before they arrived.   The 3 exec's that were getting the Mac
II's... it was hilarious, they wanted the computer sooooooooooooooo bad,
that even without monitors, they wanted them installed in their offices
and those machines sat there for like over a week - monitorless until
the Sony displays arrived...  I remember powering up the first Mac II
and to see the Mac OS running in full GORGEOUS color was really
breath-taking, ah the good old days when I used to actually get excited
over technology...

Curt