Netframe

Curt @ Atari Museum curt at atarimuseum.com
Sun Jan 31 10:24:45 CST 2010

I loved working on Netframes - they were just sooooooooooo cool
looking.   It was a bit of a pain to setup the SPX consoles in the
beginning, but once you got the hang of it, they were great.

Yeah, I think you're right, Dell picked them up, essentially dropped
most of the design, used a few pieces of the core architecture and did
their Powerframe or Poweredge servers which were so cheaply made and so
flimsy, you could never ever even move a live server on its casters, the
box would shift and a board would also lose contact and the whole server
would freeze up.

Curt