More on mystery system

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 10:53:53 CDT 2010

On 07/26/2010 11:56 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2010 at 19:57, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>
> Thanks, Brent!  This may, in fact be the direct descendant of the FST-
> 1 (perhaps done in bit-slice?).
>
> There's a mention of the FST-1 in connection with the origins of the
> TENET 210 timesharing system:
>
> http://www.certes.com/Tenet/
>
> And Ed Thelen has a little bit more on the FST-1 on his site:
>
> http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/Computer-Industry-Annual-71.html

Ah,  My memory was right.  Back in the early 70s I work with a CM2100
and I was wondering if any survived.  No one seems to have heard of
them (6700 bit slice 16bitter).

The Fairchild, Hazeltine had one, used it for bare board probe testing
for the 1500 series terminals.  Had a fixed disk that was huge physically
though only maybe 10mb.

Allison