Semi-OT: Apple iPad

Tony Eros tony.eros at machm.org
Tue Jun 1 13:53:03 CDT 2010

I have an iPad.  There's a lot I like about the device in general, but it
does not do a particularly good job of working with PDFs.  Adobe does not
provide a reader (not surprising, given their current feud with Apple) and
the 3rd party apps are clunky at best.  Little support for bookmarks, wonky
page navigation.  It's a terrific form factor for reviewing documentation,
but I would currently give it a "D" as a tool for reading PDFs.

-- Tony