Semi-OT: Apple iPad

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Tue Jun 1 15:37:13 CDT 2010

I checked out the Nook from Barnes & Noble, and it didn't impress me with its PDF rendering.  Of course, I can't check out a Kindle since they don't have a store, but that device doesn't have an SD slot (the Nook does).  Some of the devices demo'ed at CES sound interesting, and since I'm not in a burning-down-the-house hurry I'll just wait to see which of them actually makes it into the world.  That way I don't have to deal with the [deleted for reasons of good taste] at the Apple Store.  -- Ian