Lightbulb police? (was RE: Anyone off to VCF-UK)

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Fri Jun 4 14:53:04 CDT 2010

On 04/06/10 19:34, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> Part of the two loads of Commodore stuff I've gotten this year has included
> a lot of electronics books and parts from back when Radio Shack was worth
> going to.

I've got a ton of Forrest Mims books on my bookshelf -- I was on holiday
on Long Island, NY in mid-2001, and figured I needed some reading
material. Visited two different RadioShack stores and came back with an
armful of books. Think I read the Engineers' Mini-Notebooks
cover-to-cover and simulated a lot of the circuits on my 486 laptop.
Good fun. Shame they didn't have any breadboards in stock otherwise I
might have actually built a few of those projects :)

I'm a complete packrat, and a sucker for anything that looks remotely
"interesting"... as my long-suffering mother will gladly confirm :)

--
Phil.
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
http://www.philpem.me.uk/