Fuses ans stuff was : Lightbulb police?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 17:59:53 CDT 2010

Fred Cisin wrote:
> "Of COURSE this is a 3A fuse.  See the red dot to the left of the
> '3'?"
>
> A MISLABELLED fuse is a lot closer to being a REAL safety hazard.

Indeed, and a related problem that kind of irks me is how 13A plugs are
supplied with a 13A fuse so people wiring plugs assume it is correct and
fit something that should have a 3A with a 13A.

If I had a quid for every time I have seen something that really only
needed a 1A fuse fitted with a 13A, I'd be very weathy by now :)

Mind I believe that was the reason behind mandating that all new
electrical equipment be supplied with the plug pre-fitted, preferably
molded on and with the correct fuse.

Cheers.

Phill.