IBM Model M2 keyboard error codes (LEDS)

Jonathan Gevaryahu jzg22 at drexel.edu
Tue Jun 8 13:03:43 CDT 2010

I have an IBM model M2 here which when plugged in, the Num lock and
scroll lock leds go on, and the keyboard refuses to do anything. I
notice that SOMETIMES the Model M I have here does the same thing
(num+scroll on, no response) for a few seconds, and I'm GUESSING it
might be something like the 5v line can't supply enough current to run
it properly at startup, but it usually starts working after about 3 or 4
seconds; the M2 does not.

Any idea what causes this, or whether it is fixable?

Jonathan Gevaryahu
jzg22 at drexel.edu