Fuses ans stuff was : Lightbulb police?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 9 01:49:33 CDT 2010

On 6/8/10 11:00 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Local laws, unlikely but I guess possible, but not nationally or
> globally. Still, I really doubt 99.9+% of communities would consider
> that.

  I sure hope you're right.

> I (as a homeowner) can still do my own wiring on my house where I live,
> legally.  I upgraded my service shortly after moving into my house, and
> had no problem getting the permit, getting it inspected, or dealing with
> the utility company.  I really doubt that'll change any time soon.
>
> If you have problems where you are, maybe it's "time to move." :P

  No problems here yet, thank heaven.  I specifically chose this house
because it has no conformity enforcement committee ("homeowners
association") or other such nonsense, and it's in an area where people
generally don't give a shit about what people do with their own
property.  Of course, this area has other problems, but at least there
are no hobbyless busybodies telling me what I should and should not be
doing.

  But for other reasons, now that you mention it, it IS becoming "time
to move".  The rapidly deteriorating weather from the climate change
that isn't happening, and the soon-to-be-toxic beaches due to BP's
"safety first!" oil well procedures are making me take a hard look at
real estate prices.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire