OT Marilyn Levine

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Wed Jun 9 16:54:51 CDT 2010

Those who might know Len Levine, this was forwarded to me by Dave Rasmussen.

>Hi Everyone:
>
>I regret to inform you that Marilyn Levine ( Len's wife) passed away
>last saturday. She had been hospitalized for about a week. As you know,
>both Len and Marilyn were associated with UWM for a long time.
>
>Best,
>kv
>
>PS; Please share this with your friends you think may know Marilyn.

I was a volunteer operator on the TSS/8 system at UWM from the summer
before my fresheman year in 1978 until they replaced it with a Vax. Len
spotted me in his intro comp sci class on the first day of my freshman year
and grabbed my schedule, wrote a course number on it, signed it, and said,
"You don't need to be here- go take the languages class." And the rest is
history. I continued to interact with him in various ways for the next 15
years, well beyond my college days. I still hear from, or about, him. I owe
a lot to him and I'm very sorry his life-long companion has been taken from
him.

-T

-----
524. [Commentary] Any sufficiently advanced political correctness is
indistinguishable from sarcasm --Erik Naggum. Another corollary to
Clarke's Law.
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixcom.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531