<OT> Pentina

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 14:24:12 CDT 2010

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Tony Duell wrote:
>
> >> I still miss Pilot.  She was 24 when I lost her.
> >
> > That's a good age for a cat!. Pentina was only about 10-12 years old, but
> > then he had cancer, alas. Smudge (neighbour's cat) was 26 when he passed
> > away a couple of months back.
>
> My orange tabby "Yeti" (big feet!) lived to the ripe age of 19.  She spent
> the last 8 months of her life completely blind, yet still managed to

I am sorry to hear he went blind. Cats need their senses...

> navigate her way around the house by dead reckoning and whisker-sensing.

YEs, they are pretty amazing creatures. Their wiskers can apparently
detect very small air movements which helps them to hunt in poor light
(even if their eyes are functioning properly).

> I still miss her.  Cats are like members of the family, so believe me I
> understand what you're feeling.
>
> My condolences.

Thank you. As I said, he was a great companion to me. He enjoued watching
me hacking. And I am pleased I gave him happiness.