PDP 11/23+ on Craigslist (LA)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Jun 13 10:14:36 CDT 2010

At 5:58 PM -0700 6/12/10, jim s wrote:
>off list that I can answer.  Again, two cabinets, condition looks
>like it was stored in a garage (not pristine, but not rusted
>either).  He says "well I powered it on 10 years ago and it worked"
>when I explained the situation about his idea of value, and mine.

Somehow this seems to sum up most stuff posted on Craigslist.  I've
been following camera's on there for the last couple years.  In that
time I've purchased one 4x5 View Camera, it was a fair deal, and I
wanted the lens (really glad I got it as I love the camera as well).
I've not gotten any 35mm or Medium Format gear though.  With most of
the stuff I see that I might be interested in, the sellers seem to
have a very inflated sense of value.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |