OT: TV/Electronics help needed....

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 17 11:00:56 CDT 2010

Apologies first, but I know there are some good A/V guys here...
	Please reply to me _off-list_, since this isn't ClassicCMP, and I'm
only subscribed to the daily digest.

	I got my self a nice (older) RCA DVD player, model RC5220P; as seen here:
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RC5220P-DVD-Player/dp/B00000J05A

	Now, on the back, there are 2 phono jack connectors (one yellow, one
white); which are labeled RF output. The manual says you need to use an
RF adapter, part number CRF800.

	Here's my question: in usual A/V tradition, a yellow phono connector is
composite video, and white (not paired with a red) would be a line level
mono audio. Is that the case here?
	I ask, because I would like to use it with a VCR that only has mono
phono connectors.

	And yes, searching the web was most unhelpful....

	I'm tempted to just hook it up to my Sony A/V receiver, but don't want
to fry anything.....

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818