yet another pdp-11 in fgpa

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:28:14 CDT 2010

> ... and it was a faster number cruncher than VAX-11/780.
> The VAX had higher potential as the new reigning super minicomputer.  It
> wasn't long after that I'd seen a VAX-11/782, 785 and VAXclusters.

I have to think that these later VAX machines and clusters were
certainly well in motion, even if unannounced,  by the time this whole
11/70mp / 11/74 project came out. In a business perspective, it makes
a lot of sense why these weird-11s were not marketed.

I know almost nothing technically about these, so I ask - were these
multi-processor machines testbeds for ideas later seen (or not) in
other machines? Were they pet projects (DECBob)?

--
Will