Sorcerer II progress...

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Sat Mar 6 13:14:54 CST 2010

On Saturday (03/06/2010 at 06:37PM +0000), Tony Duell wrote:

> There are glues I use with success. The plastic solvent-welding tpye of
> adhesives are good (provided you use them on a plastic they will
> disolve). I use the well-known trick of strengthing the repair on the
> back with some cotton fabric.
>
> Epoxy adhesives are useful too for all sorts of repairs. I've never had
> much success with isocyano acrylic hydro-copolymerising adhesives,
> though. And contact adhesive is what I sue for sticking on nameplates,
> bits of trim, and that sort of thing.

I had good success recently repairing the (very old) clear plastic on
the lid of a Teletype model 33.  I was concerned that due to the age of
the plastic, most any solvent based adhesive would at the least fog it
and at the worst, dissolve it.

I used this water soluable, latex based adhesive,

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/products/detail.asp%3fcatid=17&subid=245&plid=879

and it worked wonderfully.  Dries perfectly clear and Did No Harm(tm) to the
old plastic.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist