Soldering (Was: Re: HP-IB, Amigo/cs80 ... )

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Mar 10 17:03:05 CST 2010

On 10 Mar 2010 at 17:48, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> Coke (or Jolt!) is for Assembly and C and FORTRAN.  Pepsi is for
> PASCAL (and other languages I don't like ;-)  (Sugar vs Sugar-free is
> target-language agnostic.)  I suppose one could come up with a
> suitable cola match for FORTH and other less-commonly-encountered
> languages.

When Fry's opened their first electronics store in the Bay area, they
were the cheapest place to buy Jolt cola by the caselot.  For a time,
there was some bizarre chocolate-flavored diet soda (Canfields) that
enjoyed a brief bit of popularity among the technoscenti.  I
suspected that BASIC programmers drank it.  I thought it was
revolting.

--Chuck