semi-OT: do you routinely attempt projects out of your comfort zone?

Keith keithvz at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 11:51:57 CST 2010

Chuck Guzis wrote:

> I won't do things that I clearly don't have sufficient experience
> for.  When I put solid oak floors in the house, I had no problem with
> laying the flooring<snip>

I laid a bamboo floor in my living room/dining room, and it was
surprisingly easy.  Rented a floor nailer from HD, and it was actually
fun.  The hardpart was laying out the first row ensuring it was
perfectly square with the opposite wall.  I think it finished within
1/4-1/2" over the width, about 12'.

Keith