calculating electricity costs

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Thu Mar 11 11:53:34 CST 2010

Here in Seattle, they charge progressively: 4.39 cents per kWh for the first 10 (summer rate) or 16 (winter rate) kWh per day, then 9.14 cents per kWh for everything past that.  You're right, that sure seems to add up quickly.  I have one of those inline meters that not only tells me the rate of consumption but also allows me to accumulate it over a period of time for periodic consumption (like a refrigerator, that cycles on and off).  It's been helpful in terms of making decisions regarding 'optional' equipment - like the dual-proc Alpha machine that draws 250 watts....  -- Ian