testing it out was Re: Disc analyser news update

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Mar 18 23:57:37 CDT 2010

> You never want a programmer who knows how your application works to
> be the one testing it, because he knows how it's *supposed*  to work
> and unconsciously focuses his texting within that context.

I read a story once about a very determined game tester (I think it was
for EA Sports) that insisted, while playing one of the Madden NFL games,
to try to catch his own field goals. The programmers didn't think it was
possible. He caught one, and the game locked up. The bug apparently became
legendary in their QA department.

-- FORTUNE: Good day for romance, but try a single person this time. ----------