RGB-VGA Converter -- buy or build?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 13:38:43 CDT 2010

> >> Trying to capture the output of a program running on an IBM 5160 that
> >> only looks correct via CGA RGB output.
> >
> > Right. And what are you capturing it on? What inputs _exactly_ do you
> > have? For example, do you have separate syncs, composite sync, or
> > sync-on-green?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question:  There is no capture device made
> that can do it, so I have no device to capture from.

 Ireally don't understand what you want to do. I understand you have a
5160 with a CGA card, and you want to use it with something other than
the oriignal CGA monitor. My question is what is this 'something', what
inputs does it have _precisely_.

TO work out how to interface 2 things i generally have to know what those
things are. The CGA card I know (darn it, I am using one here). The other
device I have no idea on.