IBM Monochrome "Black and White" Parallel card double image

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Mar 24 15:35:48 CDT 2010

In ~1990, I was given one IBM MDP card that had intermittent problems.
On close examination, I found that IBM (in original maufacturing) had bent
a pin under one of the chips, instead of it being through the hole.  The
bent pin was making intermittent contact with the pad around the hole that
the pin was supposed to go through.  Replacing that chip fixed it.

Was I too wasteful to replace the whole chip, rather than just one pin?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com