Reusing old floppy *drives*

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:05:08 CDT 2010

> On 24/03/2010 01:13, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > On 23 Mar 2010 at 23:59, Pete Turnbull wrote:
> >
> >> Interesting -- I'd not come across that, so I've just learned
> >> something new.  Any easy ones I should look out for?  I think I may
> >> have a use for that idea.
>
> > But if you're like me, I have buckets full of Teac FD235-HF and -HG
>
> Yes :-)
>
> > The usual way of adapting these is to replace the S4 jumper with a 1K
> > SMT resistor and jumper the S3 pads with a 0-ohm resistor.
>
> Thanks for that -- I'm sure I'll find a use for it!

I am not sure it applies to all FD235s -- Teac are well-known for
producing very different drives with slightly different model numbers (I
can't rememebr how many toally different FD55s I've worked on...). The
service manual I have for the FD235 doesn't explain the jumpers
(annoyingly!), it just gives scheamtics where some of the jumpers just
l;ink to pins on an ASIC. But it does show a 300/360rpm control input to
_some_ of the spindle motor schematics, but not all of them.