Using vintage computers in the classroom

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 17:51:21 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Ian King <IanK at vulcan.com> wrote:
> I'm running core in my 8/f.  And you've given me an interesting idea: we don't have a tabletop ASR33, but we do have a KSR, and if FOCAL was already loaded....  Thanks!  -- Ian

Excellent!  That will certainly do something captivating.
Hammurabi/Sumer might be a little long to type in live, but it
shouldn't be hard to start with the right section of the Programming
Handbook and bang out a 1-4-line FOCAL program to demonstrate how
"fast" the machine is (Sieve of Eratosthenes anyone?)

If you have the opportunity to video that rig running through its
paces, I think it would be fun to see.  You could upload it to YouTube
as "Portable Computer from 1970".  ;-)

-ethan