10 Hole Disk Punch

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Wed Nov 3 08:11:39 CDT 2010

On Tuesday (11/02/2010 at 06:34PM -0700), leaknoil wrote:
> Northstar was 10 sector 5.25" if I remember right.

Yes.

And we will use them for Heath H8/H89  H-17 floppies.

I have a PERCOM floppy interface for SWTPC 6800 systems which also uses
10-hole.

And I have a Micropolis 5.25" floppy subsystem on a Multi-Tech (as in
modem) MT-500 that uses 16-hole media.

I am working with Dwight and a buddy who has a machine shop here in MN
to fabricate these punches.  Dwight did the design and I had the machine
shop connection so we'll see what we can do.

We will build a couple prototypes first to iron out the wrinkles and then
should be able to make a final statement about the cost and how it will
work.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist