1103/A trivia question

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 15:04:56 CST 2010

> To Tony:
>
> The non-A needed precharge.  That's what the Alto memory refresh task does.

Exactly. There's a 'precharge' pin on the 1103, which IIRC has to be
driven for every red cycle. On the 1103A, it's a no-connect, the
precharging is done automatically.

I don't really understand the comment about the Alto. I thought that the
precharge signal was part of a normal memory cycle, certainly that's what
the Intel databook implies (and how the HP9800s use it).

> What do I win?

Err, the pleasure of remembering a bit of very obscure knowledge :-)