Evolution of the Apple Mouse

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 09:54:18 CDT 2010

On 1 October 2010 22:11, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> You use a mouse? I'd have thought that was a bit modern for you, Tony!
>
> Oh, I have many machines with mice. I don;'t think I have anything that
> uses a normal PC style PS/2 or USB or RS232 mouse, though. Mybe I do, I
> think the Whitechapel Hitech takes an RS232 mouse, but I've not sorted
> that one out yet.
>
> Plenty of machines with quadrature mice : PERQ 3A, Whitechapel MG1,
> Acorn Archimedes, Atari ST, Amiga. etc. And if you include Trackballs,
> I've got several image display iuntis for the PDP11 that use them.

Ahh, fair enough.

*Thinks* Wouldn't an upgraded Archimedes, or some other recent RISC OS
machine such as an Iyonix, be a better tool for accessing the Internet
than a PC-AT with a 486?

> And HP-HIL mince (HP Integral, HP150-II, etc).
>
> And the Kriz mouse on the PERQ 2s (but that's more of a graphics tablet,
> I supose)
>
> The PC I am typing this on doesn't ahve a mouse, though. WHat use would
> it be on an MDA (text only) display?

Helpful with text editing, occasionally. I used MS-Word 4.0 for DOS on
a few PCs with mice but no GUI.

Not really worth the effort, though, to be fair.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com