Oldest original proper computer (stored program etc)

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:30:02 CDT 2010

Roger Holmes wrote:
> There is an older machine in Australia which was working but apparently it
> too is currently has not run for some time.

Which one, JOOI?  (There was apparently a Marconi TAC at Alice Springs
airport, but I'm not sure if it's still there - and even if it is, I doubt
it's been run for a long time. That was a late 50s design, but I'm not sure
when the Alice Springs system was commissioned)

Is your 1301 older than TNMoC's Elliot 803? I'm pretty sure that's 1962, too,
but I'm not sure which month...

cheers

Jules