Total Loss of Memory Re: Dyspeptic archaeologists [was RE: Xerox Alto on ebay (not mine!)]

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Mon Oct 18 18:30:44 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Rich Alderson <RichA at vulcan.com> wrote:

> Doesn't matter that it's crap if it contains an interesting verb form
> not seen before, or mentions an historical fact only known previously
> from a single source.

I keep thinking that Today will be lost forever because nobody thinks it is
important NOW.

Example: My daughter does not save her digital pictures on a computer
because it is too much trouble and, besides, there is more room on the
memory card. When the room gets too low, she deletes pictures from her
camera because they are from last year and who cares about last year.