HTL

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu Oct 21 11:19:53 CDT 2010

ben wrote:
> if HTL is high threshold logic for Industrial logic,I would expect
> them *NOT* to have static problems, other than over voltage.

ESD is in the tens of thousands of volts.  Whether an IC is subject to
ESD damage has nothing to do with the normal operating ratings of the
part.  True TTL 74-series parts are nearly immune to ESD whereas
CD4000-series CMOS parts are very ESD-sensitive, due to the details of
the structure of the parts, even though though the CD4000-series parts
are rated for three times the operating voltage of the TTL parts.