MINC-11 (was Re: Collection reduction, part II the sequel)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 2 14:31:33 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> On 9/2/10, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>>    A MINC is a lot more than just a PDP-11!
>
> While that's certainly true, has anyone on the list ever done anything
> with the Lab I/O stuff on a MINC?  I got one years ago with all the
> docs and software (everything, really, except for the cart, which the
> lab kept for something else).  Mine only has one or two modules - a
> clock board and one of the input boards (I'd have to check the exact
> types), but since I didn't have much, I've only ever booted RT-11 and
> noodled around on the VT105.  ISTR the CPU bay is stuffed with a
> KDF-11, 256K of memory, an RXV21, a DLV11J, and an IBV11.
>
> Over the years, I've been given plenty of Qbus parts, but I've never
> run across any loose MINC modules.  I'm curious if anyone else ever
> got a MINC loaded enough to do something fun with it.
>
> -ethan

The one I had for a couple hours, only had one or two boards in it.  That
and the size is why I quickly traded it.  Realistically I only bought it for
the RX02, so trading for an RX02 was a good deal.

On a related note, I have a couple standard q-bus boards (I forget if they
are A/D or D/A), but they are usable in a 16-bit system. :-(

Zane