MINC-11 (was Re: Collection reduction, part II the sequel)

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Thu Sep 2 18:44:55 CDT 2010

On Thursday 02 September 2010, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On 9/2/10, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> >    A MINC is a lot more than just a PDP-11!
>
> While that's certainly true, has anyone on the list ever done anything
> with the Lab I/O stuff on a MINC?  I got one years ago with all the
> docs and software (everything, really, except for the cart, which the
> lab kept for something else).  Mine only has one or two modules - a
> clock board and one of the input boards (I'd have to check the exact
> types), but since I didn't have much, I've only ever booted RT-11 and
> noodled around on the VT105.  ISTR the CPU bay is stuffed with a
> KDF-11, 256K of memory, an RXV21, a DLV11J, and an IBV11.
>
> Over the years, I've been given plenty of Qbus parts, but I've never
> run across any loose MINC modules.  I'm curious if anyone else ever
> got a MINC loaded enough to do something fun with it.

I have a working MINC/DECLAB-23 with the following:

MINC Components
---------------
(1) MNCAM Dual Multiplexer
(1) MNCAG Preamp
(1) MNCAD A/D
(1) MNCAA D/A
(2) MNCKW Clock

11/23 Components
----------------
M8043	DLV11J 4 port serial
M8029	RXV21 RX02 Controller w/RX02
M8059KP	Memory 128KW
M8186YB	11/23 CPU w/MMU&FP11
M7954 	IBV11 IEEE488

I also have all MINC manuals and MINC BASIC, etc.

At the moment, I have a slight bug in one channel of the MNCAM, but other that that, everything passes MINC diagnostics.

Cheers,
Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley, AF6WS