Please help me identify this case

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:15:38 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Brian Lanning wrote:

> I've been looking for this case for years.  And I stumbled upon it on
> ebay.  Here's the listing.  The price is also has some comedy value.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-VINTAGE-ONE-OWNER-ATARI-LOT-PRISTINE-MINT-/360296763509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e35c5075
>
> I'm interested in the full heigh 5.25" case to the right in the photos
> with what looks like a floppy drive and a half height hard drive.  Is
> there a name or model number for this case?  And would anyone be
> willing to part with one?

The asking price reflects either unreasonable aspiration or dementia -
thanks for the laughs!

I have picked up full-height cases of that form factor at swap meets,
hamfests, etc. over the years.  However, since "recycle" mania has hit,
they are admittedly getting difficult to come by.

There's a special place in Hell for misguided Green recyclying
initiatives that crush vintage equipment and ship it to China.  I made one
or two attempts at hanging around one of the local crush-fests in hopes of
picking the pile.  Was chased off in no uncertain terms.  Do not kid
yourselves, these are money-making ventures for someone!

Steve