Microwriter MW4 help

John S john_a_s2004 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:51:37 CDT 2010

Hi,

I recently obtained a Microwriter with an LCD display. It turns on and displays MW4/10, with an 'f' in the right of the display. I can enter letters, but after about 8 it locks up and I need to power cycle (using the white button), which resets the unit as above.

I think 'f' is a mode, I think it was 'I' originally (but I can't find a way to change it!). I hope it stuck in some mode or waiting for serial input, can anyone help with command sequences please? Else it may be faulty, I found Tony's post from 2009 asking for a 'good' EPROM image, maybe mine is failing in a similar way.

Regards,
John