VCFeast

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:02:30 CDT 2010

On 9/8/10, William Donzelli <wdonzelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Dayton hamfest is far away and only affects a few people overlap-wise
>> who'd have to choose.
>
> Do not underestimate the power of the Dayton Hamvention to suck away
> people from other events. I see it here in the Northeast in the
> hamfest season, and I used to see it when I did the hamfest scene back
> around Chicago. Basically, no one is safe within a days drive.

Dayton is close to me; NJ is far.  I still see a friend from the Ice
at Dayton most years.  He drives in from NJ for it (and I know he's
not alone).

I would certainly be one of the folks affected by VCFeast being held
in May (not that your other schedule conflicts aren't real and valid -
just speaking for myself, I already have too much going on in May,
every May, for a road trip to the East Coast).

-ethan