HP 9825 refurbishing

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 14:41:22 CDT 2010

> Wow, amazing.  Those schematics are quite a piece of work, Tony!  Did you

If you poke arouind that site some more, you'll dins that the 9825 is not
the only machine I've pulled apart... I think somebody claimed there's
over 100  'HPxx_SchematicsByTonyDuell' files on that site.

> service these machines professionally, or was that a labor of love, or both?

I have never serivced any machines professionally.. I traced out the
schematics intitially to maitai~n my own machines (I like the engineering
qulaitiy of _old_ HP hardwareand then decided to share them. In a couple
of cases I produced schematics that I didn't need at the time, just for
interest...

I was aseisted by another HPCC memeber who scans my diagrams (I don't
have a scanner, or anything modern like that). You can buy a DVD-ROM of
them from HPCC, the profits go to the club, BTW, not to me.

> I had seen the site, but didn't notice the buttons for documentation at the
> bottom!  By the way, thanks to Rik and Tony for your very helpful pointers and

Poke around that site. There's a lot of interesting stuff there, on all
sorts of HP machines nad peripherals.  Be warned you will spend houes
looking at the manuals, and an equal time trying to find some of the
items on E-bay...

> With this info, I should be able to rig up a ROM cartrige, in case I'm able to
> get my hands on images of the Matrix, Disk, and Network Analyzer control images.

Good luck. And feel free to ask if there's anything you want to know...