WTD: Clarion/JPI TopSpeed C (for Psion SIBO SDK)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 15:24:30 CDT 2010

> That and the CCTV cameras makes this a pretty fun day. Always wanted to
> have a play with machine vision, now I have some cameras and just need a
> few C or CS-mount lenses... (seriously, half a dozen cameras at 50p
> each, there was no reason *not* to take the whole box).

That remoinds me... Some time back I bought a Sony portable video
recorder and camera. No, I don't mean a camcorder, this is 2 separate
units powered by a lead-acid battery pack. It's not a VCR either, it
uses reels of tape. Oh, it's monochrome only (EIAJ format on the tape,
thankfully). Anyway, I didn't pay much for it. Only later when I took the
bits out of the cardboard box did I find a couple of C-mount lenses in
the bottom. Kern-Paillard Switar lenses.... :-)

The only problem was, I didn't have an C mount lens caps. And they seem
to be very hard to get. In the end,  I bought some brass rod and cut the
theads msyelf (32tpi is trivial to cut on a lathe with an 8 tpi leadscrew
:-)).