Multimeter recomendations

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Sep 22 14:03:29 CDT 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Jeff Walther wrote:
> My experience is that most folks don't know what one means when one uses
> an expression about sucking eggs.  I thought everyone knew the, "Don't
> teach your grandmother..." expression, but apparently familiarity with it
> is kind of rare.  At least around here.

True.
But, . . .
is there a correlation (non-causal) between those who do not know the old
saying(s), and those who are re-inventing remedial basic techniques for
working with threaded fasteners?

In 30 years of college "professorship", I have seen obvious changes in
college students.
It used to be that I could start my OS class with "DOS est omnis divisa in
partes tres" and at least some of the class would understand the phrase
and the analogy.

Is the reduction in ability to spell, or differentiate homonyms, related?
I made a license plate frame that says "UC Berkeley Aluminum"  (I also
made a slightly variant one in case I ever have another British car)

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com