DIP packages & the 555

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:02:03 CDT 2010

On 9/23/10, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>    They're just not much used in computers or "computery" things.  (like
> everything you mentioned above)

Lately, I'm sure that's true, but IIRC seeing them in the late 1970s
and early 1980s as timed one-shots on reset circuits on
microprocessors.

I only ever used them for audio noisemakers and LED blinkers until the
past year or two when I started dabbling in PWM.  I read all I can
find about them and learn something every time I do - the on-chip
design may be simple, but the the applications are myriad and complex.

-ethan