Multimeter recomendations

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Sep 24 11:50:29 CDT 2010

On 24 Sep 2010 at 10:33, Charlie Carothers wrote:

> On reflecting back, I don't believe anyone ever taught me (in any
> manner) the "turn in reverse to find the start of the thread"
> technique.

Anyone who plays a brass musical instrument with piston valves knows
the technique because of the nature of valve end-caps.  They're
usually somewhere around 3/4 - 1" in diameter with fine machined
threads--the danger of cross-threading is great.  However, turning
the cap anti/counter-clockwise until one hears the "click" ensures
success.

I suspect that most plumbers know about this when using fine-thread
fittings.

--Chuck