OT: wireless access solutions

geoffrey oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 24 15:02:29 CDT 2010

What's it spoofing... multicast?

________________________________
From: Keith Monahan <keithvz at verizon.net>
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Sent: Fri, September 24, 2010 2:20:15 PM
Subject: Re: OT: wireless access solutions

On 9/24/2010 3:10 PM, geoffrey oltmans wrote:
> Sounds like you want a wireless bridge. I know Linksys makes one (can't
>remember
> the model #) but my father-in-law uses one to wirelessly connect his DirecTV
> receiver to the rest of his wireless network.

Just be careful with those bridges.  I bought a Linksys WET11 to connect an mp3
receiver.  While it mostly works, there are a bunch of gotchas. The WET11 does
some screw-ball stuff like spoofing MACs of connected devices, etc. ---- which
is not configurable and can get in the way of certain applications working
correctly.

Keith