WTD: 8-inch floppy drive

nico nico at Farumdata.dk
Wed Mar 2 15:03:08 CST 2011

From: Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org>
Date:  Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:56:28 -0800

>On 3/2/11 10:10 AM, nico wrote:
>
>> What is a typical sales price for a functioning 8" drive?
>
>How much would it cost to get one to Philip from where you are?
>
>I'll cover the cost up to $100 total.

Just checked the going mail rates.
If the weight is up to 5 kilo, a package will cost $ 55. They take $ 5 for an extra kilo.
For an extra 18$, I can send 10 kilo. The heavier, the "cheaper"
Would it be an idea with 2 drives, as the second would be almost for free, postage wise.
If I send only 1 drive, I will in effect sell it for 45$, which is a but cheap
BTW, I still have the diagrams for the Qualstar 3412S you asked about years ago. Still interested?
Nico