hardware multiply/divide functionality in CPUs

KJ Seefried ken at seefried.com
Wed Mar 9 19:08:02 CST 2011

On 3/9/2011 1:00 PM, cctalk-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
 > Since the 9450 implemented the MIL-STD-1750A architecture

I occasionally wonder why 1750a wasn't more widely adopted commercially,
given a fairly open specification, relatively easy to implement, mature
tools ecosystem and built in revenue opportunity from the military.
Tangentially, I've got a complete Performance Semi P1750A chipset
including MMU.  I need to build something with it, if I could ever find
enough doco to really understand it.

KJ