List issues

Tom a50mhzham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:41:44 CST 2011

Thanks Fred. Maybe I should resubscribe using a
different account. Thanks to anyone else who gave feedback as well.

-T

At 06:30 PM 3/9/2011, you wrote:
> > On 3/9/11 3:23 PM, Tom wrote:
> > > Thanks for the info Al.
> > > 1. Should not one receive one's own posts, given that my list options
> > > are set that way (and recently reverified?)
>
>On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Al Kossow wrote:
> > you should, did you see this one?
>
>Could the problem be in gmail?  If you are posting and reading through
>gmail, . . .
>I've heard complaints that gmail will "recognize" ones posts, and delete,
>under the assumption that you already know what you wrote.
>
>--
>Grumpy Ol' Fred                 cisin at xenosoft.com
>
> > > 2. Was that nonsense regarding my posts about a Shugart 801 floppy
> > > drive just some people giving me a hard time? Did you see my posts
> > > about having an '801 I'd be happy to sell?
> > I'm not buying any Shugart drives right now.
>
>I don't need any either :-)
>

> > Also, you do realize your reply went to the mailing list?
>
>_I_ didn't get anything inappropriate with your Shugart posts.  But I'm
>using PINE on a Unix shell account.
>
>Perhaps whoever thought that they had a malware hit could wrap it up and
>forward it back to you for analysis.
>
>--
>Grumpy Ol' Fred                 cisin at xenosoft.com

290 . [Gamers] "It was a ...lightless and
...rainy night." --Anthony Spataro (ads at netcom.com)
NEW: a50mhzham at gmail.com • N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting) • Second Tops (Set Dancing) • FIND ME ON FACEBOOK
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W • Elevation 815' • Grid Square EN53wc
LAN/Telecom Analyst • Open-source Dude • Musician
• Registered Linux User 385531