PDP-11 Operating Systems

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Fri Mar 11 12:30:25 CST 2011

DSM-11 is Digital Standard MUMPS for the PDP-11.  It's effectively a multiuser database with a programming language; the implementation is persistent sparse arrays.  The original MUMPS language was developed on the PDP-7 and ported to numerous machines.  DSM is also available for VAX, although it is not included in the hobbyist PAK set.  :-(

MUMPS was not just a programming language but an operating environment sitting on bare metal.

We have an RL pack that's labeled DSM-11 but I haven't yet cleaned it up and mounted it.  -- Ian