PDP-11 Operating Systems

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Mar 12 13:29:16 CST 2011

On 2011-03-12 19:00, people wrote:

[...]

All I can add about operating systems related to the original question
is that unless I remember wrong, CTS-300 and CTS-500 were based on
RSTS/E (basically RSTS/E and hardware bundled together as a complete
solution).

TRAX-11 was a transaction based system. Mostly targeted at the 11/70,
unless I remember wrong. However, I seem to remember that TRAX-11 was
also somehow tied up with RSX-11M-PLUS, and also the 11/74, but my
memory might be confusing me.

MicroPower PASCAL was a standalone system I seem to remember. You built
the software on something else, like RSX, and then you booted the
created system on a bare machine.

CAPS-11 is something really old. About the same timeframe as DOS-11. It
was obsoleted around 1974 or something, I would suspect. Very short
lifetime of some of the earliest systems for the PDP-11.

	Johnny