Help to format diskettes for At&t 3b1 or Altos systems in a PC

Bill Degnan billdeg at degnanco.com
Mon Mar 14 12:12:34 CDT 2011

> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:31:07 +0100
> Subject: Help to format diskettes for At&t 3b1 or Altos systems in a
> 	PC
>
> I need and be happy to receive some help to format diskettes for At&t 3b1
or
> Altos ACS/586/686 systems in a PC. I tried to do it in one 286 PC with
one
> TEAC HD unit with bad results.
>
> I've encountered some documents in the Net about the matter but nothing
> definitive.

AT&T 3B1 - Use the Office program that hopefully will be installed in your
system to format a disk.  If you log in with the user "install" and blank
password, it should put you in the office program.  If it's not present,
then you need to load the system disks onto the system.

Altos - This is a CP/M and or MP/M system depending on your needs; Dave
Dunfield's 22disk should work to make a boot disk.

If you need more help, contact me directly and I will try to assist, I have
both systems.

Bill